gallifrey

gallifrey

Claimed by the Elven Brothers: Fate (An Elven King Novella, #2)
Cristina Rayne
The Countess Conspiracy
Courtney Milan
Beauty and the Blacksmith
Tessa Dare

A Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair, Book 1)

A Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair, Book 1) - Allison Pang The story had a lot of potential but the main character seemed like the wheel was spinning without a hamster. This leads to many lost opportunities for her to educate herself and the reader about the world Ms. Pang is trying to build. She had plenty of opportunities to ask questions of other characters where she chose to end the conversation and walked away. What about the Midnight Marketplace with all it's books? In 6 months she never thought about cracking open a book and doing some independent reading? It gets confusing fast since there is no foundation to keep track of all the different elements and characters introduced. Random sex scenes don't help much as they don't really seem to serve much purpose nor are they anywhere near hot enough to be considered erotica. The story itself jumps from scene to scene or lacks flow for a believable transition.

Overall the whole thing is pretty bad but I will read the next book when it comes out since the world and premise could be great and I wish Ms. Pang luck with her next book.

Oh and I hate the name Brystion calling him Ion was just as bad so while reading I just called him Steve.